Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pet Station

     After spending my days as a stay at home Mom, I have been wanting to start a new project. So I was searching through Pinterest, and discovered this Pet Station. After clicking on the picture it led me to this website  addicted2decorating.com.
     We have a new dog Tugger, who we got from the pound.  He goes into the cats room at night and steals all of her food. Who could blame him, he weighs 75.8 pounds today at the Vets office. So I had to find a way to elevate her food bowl. After discovering this conversion from an old desk. I went on Craigslist and looked for a desk to transform.




     I found an old roll top desk advertised for $50.00. Me being the bargain hunter that I am got her down to $40.00. It was sticky and smelly and almost falling apart. I felt like I almost overpaid. I probably did, but whatever. 










     I ended up having to rip out cubbies to be able to put the pet bed in. I was going to try and salvage the roll top part of the desk, but it basically fell apart on me. I started to worry if the whole thing was bound to just fall into a big heap in front of me when my inner voice said "Chin up Stacey, just roll with it" and then I said aloud "Everything happens for a reason, maybe this is just how it was supposed to be".  





     After my mini meltdown. I sanded and looked at all the extra paint I had left over from the house and decided to go with Valspar Azure Snow. I love this color, it looks good on anything. I am also a huge fan of light blue. So after two coats. The back was looking a little worn and splintery. I went to my local Lowe's and got some breadboard cut to fit the back. Two coats of white paint and I love the contrast. This is how it looks so far. 


     I ordered an 18 x 24 pet bed for it, and plan on going to Hobby Lobby to see about some cute knobs. 


     Tomorrow I will add two or three coats of Poly and finish it up. Stay Tuned for the finished product :)

No comments:

Post a Comment