Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

What a day today was. It was one of those perfect days that start off with me realizing we are going to have a white Christmas. As soon as I went into Gabby's room, she was smiling up at me and bouncing in her crib. I started singing Jingle Bells and we had a moment. We got dressed in a new set of PJ's and headed for Nana's house. As soon as we got into my new SUV and got a hot Starbucks in hand we were off.
Gabby loved every minute of opening her presents. It took her a minute to get into, but she really got the hang of it. She stopped once she found a small rolling ladybug suitcase her Nana got her. She could not get enough of rolling that around and carrying her baby. After that she did not really have a lot of interest in opening the rest.
I cannot help but love seeing Christmas through your child's eyes. It's like the day never mattered so much until you can now share it with her. She is a true blessing to me everyday and she never lets me forget it. Her smile and her cackling laugh always make me remember to thank God for every second I get with her. I was a very lucky Momma today to get to watch her enjoy her second Christmas; around my family. We had great food and an easy relaxing time. The best was watching her open her last present which was a Pinkalicious little four wheeler. She cannot steer at all yet and keeps going straight until she hits a wall or furniture, but she loves it. You can tell she thinks she is so big ridding around. She is so sweet it makes my heart swell with pride looking at her. She is the sweetest baby. What a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment